If you follow Houzz, Pinterest or HGTV, you are likely familiar with the latest home design trends. But, did you know that the manufactured housing industry is keeping up with those trends, too? You’re likely to see some or all of these features and options represented.
- Efficient uses of space. From open floor plans with sight-lines from the living room through to the kitchen, to large kitchen islands with seating that become casual dining areas instead of formal living rooms.
- Lots of storage. Look for “his and hers” walk-in closets, large pantries, and ample kitchen and bathroom cabinetry.
- Smart technology. Control your home’s lighting, thermostat, sound system, doorbell and more, all from your smartphone.
- Energy efficiency. Think green and save money with energy-saving appliances, added insulation and high-quality windows and doors.
- High-end kitchens. Popular kitchen design features like farmhouse sinks, pot filler faucets, floating shelving, glass tile backsplashes and stainless-steel appliances.
- Lavish bathrooms. New trends in bathrooms include mirrors with built-in LED lighting, large tiled showers, stand-alone tubs and dual vanities.
- Flexible spaces. Rather than another bedroom, new floorplans include a “flex room” made for purposes like crafts, kids play areas or home offices.
- Designer lighting. The use of recessed lighting, paired with high-style light fixtures in modern, farmhouse or mixed metals to add your personal style.
- Not just beige. Today’s design color schemes offer options include the “new neutrals” like gray and white, with accents of bolder trendy colors like blue and green.